Saturday, June 19, 2010

Piercing Update

A few posts ago, I told you all about a new tool I had recently purchased - my jeweler's saw. I showed the first attempt I made at sawing...pretty clumsy! Well, I'm glad to say that I really enjoy the challenge of piercing metal and while I'm far from perfect, practice does make "better"! Here are some of the pieces I have made with that technique:
Dreams Gone to Seed

New Growth

At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I think these turned out really well. Sometimes I can't believe how far I've come since I first started making jewelry!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I stumbled across your shop on etsy, and I love your jewelry! I've never heard of a jeweler's saw. . . but it looks like you've figured it out really well! I love the new growth one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a metal working class last year and came to the conclusion jewelry saws are "the devil's work"!! :) I was never able to master it - those pieces are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete