Saturday, June 19, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
I have someone new. Don't get me wrong; I have loved every minute I have spent with each and every one of you. I have learned so much from all of you! Gemstones, nothing can compare to the thrill I feel when I open a package that you're in. Knotting, you have given me many priceless moments of relaxation. Stamping, you're a wonderful effect, but you're a little moody - getting beautiful results from you is hard to do sometimes. And piercing, what can I say? We had such a short time together....but there's a new technique on the block. It's...wire-wrapping....
So now do you see? Can you understand how I can leave you behind for this new beauty? Well, gemstones, I'll still need you from time to time. And knotting, yes, I might need you, too. Okay, okay - stamping and piercing, I can probably work you in, too. Oh, who am I kidding - I'll love you all ALWAYS and FOREVER and I can never leave you. Just try to get along and let's see if we can make this work....together.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
in exchange for a couple pair of earrings. I am so excited about them! They are natural Cedar Tealight Candleholders - a set of 3. I love the rustic, natural quality of them. Her shop might be a bit empty, but give her some credit - she has a newborn baby. Please do go check her out!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
- I always eat my french fries with mayonnaise.
- I have never been able to do cartwheels.
- I like dogs, but I LOVE cats.
- When I was in elementary school, I was obsessed with anything involving Egypt or Michael Jackson.
- I bite my nails.
- As a natural blonde, I REALLY don't like blonde jokes.
- I still feel sad about Mitch Hedberg's death.
- I've never seen "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" or "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (but I did read that book).
- I'm skinny, but somehow, I still have fat ankles.
- Right now, I have a headache.
- My goal for the summer is to learn how to solder (for jewelry).
- In high school, I hated math and science and loved English.
- I don't like insult comedy. And Sarah Silverman is not funny, either.
- If I could have any talent, it would be the ability to sing really well.
- I wish I could play tennis better.
- Someday I want to travel to New York City. Also Europe.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
You can adjust the frame to accomodate different blade lengths, and there are different sizes of blades. The ones I have are size 2/0, which is pretty tiny. They are about the size of a piece of floss:
I have a lot of practicing and experimenting to do! There are different blade sizes to try, as well as testing it out on different gauges of metal. Here's my first attempt:
It's not the worst thing I ever saw, but I can tell that I need a lot of work and fine-tuning. This copper is pretty thick, so next, I'm going to try using a thinner gauge. I'll let you know how it goes!